WHAT IS A COACH?
A “trusted role model, advisor, wise person, friend or guide—a person who works with emerging human and organizational forces to tap new energy and purpose, to shape new visions and plans, and to generate desired results. A coach is someone trained and devoted to guiding others into increased competence, commitment, and confidence.” F. Hudson, 1999
An intellectual though partner to process your dreams and vision for the development of your business, career or personal life.
WHAT IS COACHING?
An ongoing relationship which focuses on the client taking action toward the realization of their vision, goals or desires. Coaching uses a process of inquiry and personal discovery to build the client’s level of awareness and responsibility and provides the client with structure, support and feedback.
WHAT IS THE DIFERENCE BETWEEN EXECUTIVE COACHING AND BUSINESS CONSULTING?
Business consulting addresses organizational problems and provides solutions to them. “Executive Coaching is a positive, collaborative process that focuses on bringing out the best in a high potential leader for the overall benefit of an organization. Sometimes good leaders get stuck.” (Betty Till, Executive Coach, www.lifeworksolutions.com)
HOW DOES COACHING WORK?
The practical activity of coaching is based on principles of adult learning: awareness, action, and reflection. Using data gathered from the assessment phase of the process, I develop a coaching plan with you and engage you in a discussion and activities designed to:
- Enhance self-awareness of the implications of typical behaviors
- Learn skills, build competencies, change behaviors, and achieve results
- Reflect on ways to improve and refine skills and behaviors.
- Executive coaching begins with an initial in-person interview lasting several hours so I can really understand you and the organizational culture. This process includes understanding the organization, the mission of the organization and economic status and goals of the organization.
- I would interview others in the organization who knows your work well (360 degree interviews).
- You would receive several assessments to give us objective values on your personality type, personal needs and emotional intelligence.
- We review the results and develop a coaching plan according to all the information obtained through interviews and assessments.
- Our coaching plan now has teeth and can move you into making significant, lasting changes in your work performance. Here you will learn skills, build competencies, change behaviors, and achieve results.
- Half hour & one hour telephone and in-person coaching sessions and email contact help keep the coaching plan moving forward.
- Once the coaching plan is complete (4 – 6 months), follow up sessions are provided to check in on your on going progress.
WHAT NEXT, AFTER THE COACHING?
Once we have successfully completed the formal coaching plan, I will take whatever steps are necessary to ensure that you will be able to continue with your development. Applying the results of coaching in your long-term development is an important part of the process and is my commitment to you.
Think of me as your long-term business partner. I will continue to be dedicated to your development and success far into the future.